Supporters who are travelling to Anfield for Liverpool's Premier League fixture against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday February 4 should be aware that engineering works will be taking place between Crewe and Liverpool Lime Street station.
The planned works will cause significant disruption to rail services throughout the day. Fans should check timetables and plan their journey to ensure they are aware of all the available travel options.
Getting to Anfield
Fans travelling to the game at Anfield should check their travel options in advance and allow plenty of time to travel to the stadium.
- For fans travelling via West Midland Trains, all services will terminate at Crewe. Rail replacement bus services will be in operation between Crewe and Liverpool South Parkway station.
- Virgin Trains will divert all services via Warrington and services will NOT call at Runcorn. Anyone travelling from Runcorn should use the rail replacement service provided.
For fans travelling back to London, Crewe, Stafford and any intermediate stations, the following services will be in operation between Liverpool Lime Street station and London Euston.
West Midlands Trains services to Crewe
- All services between Liverpool Lime Street station and Crewe have been cancelled.
- Any fans wishing to travel to intermediate stations to Crewe (including Runcorn, Hartford and Winsford) will need to use Merseyrail services to travel to Liverpool South Parkway and take rail replacement services to their final destination.
- Rail replacement coach services will operate between Liverpool South Parkway and Crewe, stopping at Runcorn and Hartford & Winsford. Coaches will stop at Acton Bridge.
For more information, please click here.
Virgin Trains Services to London Euston
- All Virgin Trains services will depart approximately 15 minutes earlier than usual. The last service back to London is at 20:33, after which the line closes for more engineering work.
- Services from Liverpool Lime Street will run as follows:
- 18:28 Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston.
- 19:33 Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston.
- 20:04 Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston (direct service). This service will not call at any intermediate stations. All existing London tickets will be valid on this service.
- 20:33 Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston (last train to London Euston).
- Please be aware that Virgin Trains will call at Runcorn.
- Fans who wish to travel to Crewe and Stafford should use the rail replacement service from Liverpool Lime Street station. Coach services will depart Liverpool Lime Street station at 19:40, 20:20 and 20:40. By using this service, supporters will free up valuable capacity for those fans travelling back to London Euston.
Please be aware that services will extremely busy and we ask that fans arrive early at the station.
For more information as to how this will affect your journey, please click here.